Cannot change print output style for Glossary

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
amatsumoto
Sr. Propeller Head

Cannot change print output style for Glossary

Post by amatsumoto »

I've been reading in the forum about issues with getting the glossary to accept the styles from the stylesheet.

My problem is this: I generate print output to Word that includes a glossary, but I cannot change the look of the glossary entries through the stylesheet. When I look at the glossary in Word, the glossary term is tagged with the style GlossaryPageTerm and the definition is tagged as GlossaryPageDefinition (not as a.GlossaryPageTerm and a.GlossaryPageDefinition). Even though they appear to not be properly tagged to correspond to the stylesheet, I have tried changing my stylesheet style for a.GlossaryPageTerm (there isn't a style created for a.GlossaryPageDefinition). For grins I also tried modifying the style glossaryTerm. No matter what I try to change in the stylesheet, this has no effect on the print output (I'm not messing with help output for my glossary right now, so I can't speak to that).

An older post that spelled out problems with help output sounded as though there may be a patch for this (http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... ary#p30301). I checked, and there doesn't appear to be a patch. Is there anything else I can do besides having to fix the styles once I'm in Word?

Thanks,
Abby
Abby
amatsumoto
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Cannot change print output style for Glossary

Post by amatsumoto »

Oops! I solved my own problem. I didn't notice there were subclasses for glossary terms under div.

Abby
Abby
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Cannot change print output style for Glossary

Post by SteveS »

amatsumoto wrote:Oops! I solved my own problem. I didn't notice there were subclasses for glossary terms under div.

Abby
Glad we could help, Abby :D
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.