table formatting: autofit to contents

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
bonnie
Sr. Propeller Head

table formatting: autofit to contents

Post by bonnie »

I need help figuring out the "Autofit to contents" logic (for TableProperties > AutoFit Behavior).

I have selected "Autofit to contents" for the TableStyle that I'm applying to all my tables. It works pretty good, but in one case I'm ending up with a wide column with lots of extra blank space on the right side of the column, and another column is breaking a line that is much shorter than the text ine in the wide column. The text that is breaking in the narrow column is a number with a unit of measurement. The line breaks between the number and the unit of measurement.

All the text is assigned the same properties (no paragraph tags), and I've used inline text-aligning for the columns.

I can't figure out why the one column is breaking when there's a lot of empty space left over in the wide column. (None of the columns are a set fixed width).
Thanks to anyone who has the fix for this.
Bonnie
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: table formatting: autofit to contents

Post by LTinker68 »

Open the topic in the Internal Text Editor. Make sure there's no inline style (or stylesheet style) setting the white-space property to nowrap.

Also, make sure there aren't any CDATA tags in the middle of the text. If you copied and pasted the text from another source, like Word, then Flare might use those CDATA tags if it doesn't recognize characters in the text or if it tries to keep the content at the expense of clean text. Anyway, if there are CDATA tags around spaces, for instance, then the CDATA tags and the spaces act as characters or whole words when the code is rendered in the browser, but you don't see those tag when you view it from the browser, so you might think there's nothing there, when in fact there is.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
bonnie
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: table formatting: autofit to contents

Post by bonnie »

Thanks, Lisa.
I found a CDATA tag in the text. I removed it and now the Atuofit seems to be working correctly.
Bonnie