Questions concerning Aligment

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
wijnand
Propeller Head

Questions concerning Aligment

Post by wijnand »

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to change the indentation of a bullet so that its indented when I add it to a new topic? right now i have to resort to individually indenting bullets while I want them to be aligned with my text indentation. Where in the stylesheet can i change the ident of the actual bullets (not the text) ? And is it possible to have a table itself be indented without using the indent button? Or is there nothing in the stylesheet that makes you able to tell where the indentation is of a table when you create a new one?

Regards

wijnand
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Questions concerning Aligment

Post by NorthEast »

The quick answer is that you can't fully control the bullet (or number) position, and it may even vary a bit between browsers. You can control the margin/padding settings for the box that the list item text is in, but not the bullet itself. That's not a Flare thing, it's just how HTML lists are.

An alternative to using standard HTML lists is to make your own list styles with Flare's auto-number formatting, which would give you much fuller control over the appearance of your lists. However, as it requires reformatting your lists, that may or not be practical in your project(s).

For indenting tables, maybe try out this:
http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/Fl ... 0Table.htm