Master page footer alignment moving - how to stop?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Master page footer alignment moving - how to stop?

Post by Dinnit »

I have entered a footer on my master page holding the company info. Usually this is displaying OK in preview but when it is on the bottom of a page which ends with text wrapping round a floated image, the footer text follows the page text and also wraps round the image . Any idea how I stop this happening? I have set up a p.helpfooter class to control the font size and alignment - is this making the footer behave as normal p. text maybe? Thanks
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Master page footer alignment moving - how to stop?

Post by SteveS »

Hi, Ann

My guess is your floated image is appearing in the ouput is such a way that it is flaoting over the existing text. Althouugh in the XML editor it looks fine, when Flare builds the HTML in the final output the float is applied to the whole page, not just sections you see in preview.

That being the case you will have to look at how you are floating the image. Can you post the relevant style shhet and code to the forum?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

In your p.helpfooter style, set the property clear: both

Setting this property means that other elements will not be wrapped on both the left and right.
See http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_clear.asp.
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

Thanks to both. I have done as Dave suggests and is fine now. Will try and get my head round this image float business but teaching myself CSS at the same time as learning Flare and at the same time doing the rest of my dayjob, so too much information whirling in my head!
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise