Changed style sheet properly, text is always BOLD?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
EdlineTS
Propeller Head

Changed style sheet properly, text is always BOLD?

Post by EdlineTS »

Hey,

Anyone know why, when you go into the Style.css and change a tag (in this case it is td for table data/text), that it would continue to make my text bold, even though I have changed it in the style sheet to be "regular" in the properties? This isn't just happening for me when I start a td line, it happens pretty much with every row of text I start to type, regardless of whether it's a p-paragraph, td-table data, p-indent-paragraph indented, tag??

Thanks,
Rob
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Changed style sheet properly, text is always BOLD?

Post by doc_guy »

Create a new project and see if it happens in your new project as well (it shouldn't). Then compare the text of the CSS files in the two projects to see where the problem lies. It sounds like you may have set a property in the BODY element, but I can't be sure.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

If you don't see anything in the stylesheet in the <body> or <html> tags, then open some topics using the Internal Text Editor, and see if there's an inline style set on the <body> or <html> tags (most likely on the body tag). The inline style will override the stylesheet setting. And if you're using custom templates, make sure you don't have the inline style set on your topic template.

Also, if you're using master pages, make sure you don't have an inline style on the body proxy in the master page.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
EdlineTS
Propeller Head

Post by EdlineTS »

doc_guy wrote:Create a new project and see if it happens in your new project as well (it shouldn't). Then compare the text of the CSS files in the two projects to see where the problem lies. It sounds like you may have set a property in the BODY element, but I can't be sure.
Hey there,
Thanks for the info. When you say "body" element...can you please clarify? I have looked at both the 'body' and 'html' tags in the CSS, and neither appear to have underlining in them? And, I have looked at the inline properties in the text editor, and it is not showing underlining either!? Ugggh....

Thanks again,
Rob
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

EdlineTS wrote:When you say "body" element...can you please clarify?
He means the body tag. Are you using a master page? If you are, did you check the bodyProxy style in the stylesheet and inline in the master page itself?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

I also want you to check the

body {
}

declaration in your style sheet to verify there are not any settings there that might affect all the content that is a child of the body tag (which is basically everything you see in your editor).
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

A very good way to check all your CSS stuff, and which style has come from where, is to use the Firebug add-on for Firefox.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/1843

If you use its Inspect option, you can click on an item on your page and it'll show you all it's properties and which style (and stylesheet) they came from (so you can trace any unexpected inherited styles).
Even if you don't normally use Firefox, it's worth installing just to use this - I couldn't have made my stylesheet without it.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Just a note about Firebug: it currently doesn't work with Firefox 3.01. Hopefully it will be updated soon....
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

KevinDAmery wrote:Just a note about Firebug: it currently doesn't work with Firefox 3.01. Hopefully it will be updated soon....
The older 1.05 version doesn't work in FF3, but the new version 1.2 (in my link) should work.
I use it with FF 3.01 without any problems.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Odd that FF's update feature doesn't find that - but thanks for the link.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare