cell padding not "taking" in last column of table

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
bonnie
Sr. Propeller Head

cell padding not "taking" in last column of table

Post by bonnie »

I have a quirky thing going in some of my tables. The cell padding from the applied TableStyle is not "taking" in the last column of the table.
I have paragraph tags applied to all the paragraphs in all the table cells, and they are all the same. I've checked this over and over to be sure. The padding looks OK in the XML Editor and in the Previewer, but when I view the table in the browser, the text in the body cells of the last column touches up against the cell borders.

Any suggestions?
Bonnie
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: cell padding not "taking" in last column of table

Post by LTinker68 »

Open the topic in the Internal Text Editor and see if there are any inline styles in the cells of that column. If you added that column later, then it's possible that it defaulted to the inline styles instead of picking up the styles from the stylesheet.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

When you say "some" tables, is it in all tables that have the same table style, or just in particular tables?

Does your table cell (td) or paragraph (p) style have any padding (or margin) on the right-hand edge?

Have you set the border-collapse property in your table style?
bonnie
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by bonnie »

I did not find any in-line formatting to account for the quirky padding problem.
But the problem has gone away now, and I'm not sure what I did that fixed it. I thought at one point it was when I specified set widths for all the columns that fixed it, but other tables that have auto-widths seem fine. So...
I do appreciate the responses from Lisa and Dave, though.
Thanks,
Bonnie