Overriding a Float

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Overriding a Float

Post by KevinDAmery »

Does anyone know if there is a way to force a style to ignore another element's float?

The situation is I'm putting a topic TOC in a Div at the top of long topics, with links jumping to the subheadings in the topic. I'm floating the Div to the upper left of the first paragraph(s). This works fine as long as the Div floats beside paragraphs, and it's ok but not ideal for lists - but it looks really bad if a heading ends up floating. What I would like to do is force headings to drop below the div, regardless of how much space is available to the right.

EDIT: nevermind, I found it. For future reference, apply the "Clear" attribute to the heading styles.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Overriding a Float

Post by lacastle »

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not understanding why you need the float or what you're trying to accomplish.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

As I mentioned, I solved it. But the idea was to have a mini-toc for the current topic at the top. I put the float in so that the first few paragraphs would flow around the mini-toc rather than starting below it.
example.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

Ok. It looks nice, by the way.