Drop-down header ignoring applied styles

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
jtraeger
Jr. Propeller Head

Drop-down header ignoring applied styles

Post by jtraeger »

For some reason, several of my drop-down headers are defaulting to green italic when the style sheet says they should be non-italic and blue. This is the same whether the drop down has been activated or not. I have sets of a dozen drop-downs in the same topic where the heading shows up correctly in most, but on 3-5 headings they're stubbornly green italic. This occurs throughout my project in several different topics, so I assumed it's a style sheet issue, but the style looks correct on the sheet. :(

The topics were originally imported from Word before I applied the drop-downs to the headings. Otherwise, I can't think of anything remarkable about the files themselves.

I'm definitely not a CSS guru, so I'm open to suggestions! Thanks!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Drop-down header ignoring applied styles

Post by LTinker68 »

Two things to check:

1. Open a good (working) topic and a bad (not working) topic in the Internal Text Editor. Look to where the drop-down tags are and see if there are any inline styles that may be overriding the stylesheet.

2. (And I think this is the most likely scenario) Open the good and bad topics in the Internal Text Editor and compare the tag sets of both. There will probably be a slight difference between them. One of the codes results in using an additional style that you'd have to define <a> styles for. The other doesn't. You can either define the additional styles so that you don't have to worry which tag structure was used, or you can manually edit the tags where necessary to strip out the additional set of tags. For more details, see this thread -> http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... f=6&t=4672.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jtraeger
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Drop-down header ignoring applied styles

Post by jtraeger »

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for such a quick response! :D

Jen