Unable to change Font Color for h2 style

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
todd.richardson
Sr. Propeller Head

Unable to change Font Color for h2 style

Post by todd.richardson »

Hello,

The h2 style in my stylesheet seems to be really stubborn about the color it wants to use. I can't change it. I click on the drop-down arrow, select a new color and click OK, but the color does not change. There are four class styles beneath the h2 style, and I am able to change the Font Color for each of them. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks.
Todd Richardson
Engineering Team Lead – Customer Experience | IntervalZero

Windows 10, Flare 2020
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unable to change Font Color for h2 style

Post by KevinDAmery »

When you say it won't change, do you mean that you select the new colour then it reverts back as soon as you leave the colour property? Or do you mean that the change doesn't affect your topics?

Not sure what to do in the case of the first one, but if it's the second one I would check that the correct medium is selected for the stylesheet. There's an issue with the stylesheet editor where if you access the print medium it often defaults to that even when you select the Default medium instead.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
todd.richardson
Sr. Propeller Head

KevinDAmery wrote:When you say it won't change, do you mean that you select the new colour then it reverts back as soon as you leave the colour property? Or do you mean that the change doesn't affect your topics?
The first one. It reverts back immediately after I click OK in the Color Picker dialog.
Todd Richardson

Windows 10, Flare 2020
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Hmmm... I have seen that behaviour with other parameters, but not with colour. Also, the only times I've seen it is when trying to change something to "Not set" and it keeps insisting on having a value.

I'm not sure what would cause what you're seeing, but if you want you could send me a copy of your css file and I could take a look at it. Send me a private message and we can exchange email addresses.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I've occasionally seen it where the Stylesheet Editor displays the wrong color, but it doesn't prevent me from selecting a color. That usually happens when I've made changes elsewhere in the stylesheet and then switch to the color panel for another style without saving the stylesheet in between. It's like it doesn't completely refresh the GUI, so it's showing me the color of the last tag I had looked at, not the color for the tag I'm currently looking at.

I suggest you open the stylesheet file in the Internal Text Editor and look for the h2 code. Make sure there's only one instance of the h2 code (not including the one you may have in the print media area of the stylesheet), and that there's only one color definition in the h2 code.

And, of course, if you have more than one stylesheet in the project, make sure you're making the modification to the correct stylesheet.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
todd.richardson
Sr. Propeller Head

Kevin reviewed the css and found a bit of code that was causing conflicts:

Code: Select all

h1,
h2,
h3,
h4,
h5
{
	color: #587993;
	margin: 1em 0em 0em 0em;
	font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
	mc-next-class: BodyText;
	mc-next-tag: p;
}
The issue is that each of these styles *also* had its own entry elsewhere with different color and margin attributes. Removing this section solved the problem.

Thanks to all who replied. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.
Todd Richardson

Windows 10, Flare 2020
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Glad to hear it worked.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

todd.richardson wrote:The issue is that each of these styles *also* had its own entry elsewhere with different color and margin attributes. Removing this section solved the problem.
I actually reported that as a bug just a day or so ago, although that was in relation to a couple of the combined styles that are included in the stylesheet file by default. The heading styles aren't combined, so it shouldn't have been a problem. (Unless you manually edited the stylesheet, in which case, it's not smart enough to correct something that you do, unless you leave off a semi-color or brace.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.