Error message opening CSS

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Archyboy
Jr. Propeller Head

Error message opening CSS

Post by Archyboy »

Occasionally, I've been getting an error message when trying to open a previously created and modified CSS in Flare projects. The message does not tell me what to do but I can't open the CSS and I don't know what I did to cause this. The result is having to start a new project.

The error is:

Failed to open startup file: The DisplayIndex property of a DataGridViewColumn must be smaller than the number of columns.
Parameter name: DisplayIndex
Actual value was 178.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I've opened the CSS in Expression Web and cannot see anything irregular in the code.

Thanks.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Error message opening CSS

Post by LTinker68 »

Which "view" do you have the Stylesheet Editor set to? I've run into errors in the past switching between Advanced view and Simplified view after I manually added code to the stylesheet file. I can't remember exactly what type of code I was trying to add -- I want to say I was adding a complex selector with a wildcard in the middle (e.g., div * li instead of div ol li and div ul li). I don't think that was the error I was getting, but the workaround was to open the stylesheet file using Notepad and get rid of or change the offending code. It helped that Flare changed the * to \0042 or something weird like that so it was easy to find.

And it wasn't a problem if I left the Stylesheet Editor set to one view and didn't switch to the other view. I've reported that bug before, so hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, if you open the stylesheet file outside of Flare and fix the code, then you should be able to open the project and the stylesheet.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
mneedles
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Error message opening CSS

Post by mneedles »

I know that this posting was a looooong time ago, but I had to say thank you! I was receiving this error and couldn't figure it out. I finally so this post and I too switched my css view and the error finally went away - I would have never thought to switch this as switching views (in my mind) shouldn't cause such a problem.

Thank you!!!