Internal cap in title disappears when heading style applied

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Dab
Jr. Propeller Head

Internal cap in title disappears when heading style applied

Post by Dab »

Hi,
My heading styles include font-variant = small caps. Applying a heading style to text changes 'FunFax' into 'Funfax'. I've added the word to the dictionary, but that doesn't help. Any ideas??

Thanks much,
Debbie
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Internal cap in title disappears when heading style applied

Post by LTinker68 »

I just tested it and it kept FunFax as FunFax, so long as I typed the second "F" as an uppercase letter and not a lowercase one. If I type it as "f" then it appears as Funfax.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

AFAIK, the small caps font variant changes all the letters to appear as small caps - as a result, there won't be any variation between the letters. So it's doing what it's been told to do (although not what you intended it to do by the sounds of it).

I'd turn off the small caps setting and try it again.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

KevinDAmery wrote:AFAIK, the small caps font variant changes all the letters to appear as small caps - as a result, there won't be any variation between the letters. So it's doing what it's been told to do (although not what you intended it to do by the sounds of it).
That's what I thought, too, so I tested it. It's not the same as sentence case, which capitalizes the first letter and turns all others lowercase, regardless of how you typed it. Small caps just makes lowercase letters look like capital letters but they're slightly shorter (and proportionately skinnier). Capital letters look like normal-sized capital letters.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.