Working with .flskn files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
nfberg
Propeller Head

Working with .flskn files

Post by nfberg »

I'm trying to get the images (buttons) from one skin to another skin. I'm a writer not a programmer which is why I use Flare, I don't need to know whats going under the hood. I also do not have a dev group to query being the independent consultant.

How do I do this?

Thanks
http://www.drivethruonline.com
Drive Thru Online - Supercharging vBulletin
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Working with .flskn files

Post by LTinker68 »

Unfortunately, the only option is to do it manually. In the new skin, under the Styles tab, click on the appropriate item to be changed, expand the option until you see a field where you can specify the icon(s) to use. Click on those fields, navigate to where the images are stored, and select them. The images won't be saved in the Content\Resources\Images folder, but they will be included when you build the output.

If you don't know where the original images for the first project are, then build a WebHelp output of the first project. In the skin in the new project, navigate to the output folder of the first project, then to the Skin\Images folder, and select the icon(s) from there.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

You can get the images from the output file (if you are using the non-default skin):

...\project name\Output\your name\target\Data\Skin(name of skin)

Save them to a new location, make any changes (in Photoshop or something like that), then reference the new icons in your skin styles.
nfberg
Propeller Head

Post by nfberg »

Ya'll are great! Thanks so much for the help. I was able to find exactly what I was looking for and work them in.

Thanks again
http://www.drivethruonline.com
Drive Thru Online - Supercharging vBulletin