Changing Fonts

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
sawood
Jr. Propeller Head

Changing Fonts

Post by sawood »

I'm new to this, and slightly confused...

So, here's the deal. I'm creating two separate projects, but using the same style sheet for both projects. So, I would assume that they would look the same when I view them in WebHelp. But, the Heading 2 of the 2nd project looks different! (Everything else appears to look the same... I think!) I have checked and re-checked to make sure I have the same font, color, size, weight, etc. And it all looks the same on the style sheet, so why is it looking different in the output? If it matters, I'm using Sans-serif font, 10pt, color 800000, bold, and italic. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephanie
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Changing Fonts

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you copy the stylesheet file from one project or the other, or did you create the two files separately but set them up with the same styles?

If it's the former, then perhaps one file was copied in the wrong location (default location is Resources\Stylesheets), OR, your topics aren't associated with the stylesheet.

If it's the latter... The Stylesheet Editor has three "mediums" -- default, print, and non-print I believe is the third one (don't have Flare running at the moment to check). If you inadvertently had changed to a print medium while you were editing one of the stylesheets, then you may have been adding your styles to the print medium when you thought you were adding them to the default medium. If that's the case, then the online output of that project will use the default styles in the stylesheet or will use the browser's default styles. (The Flare stylesheet file by default includes the h1-h6 styles and a few others.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
sawood
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by sawood »

Thanks for that. Those were great things to double check... I'm using the same style sheet (linked the 2nd project to the style sheet of the 1st)... so I think they should be the same. I've also checked the medium to make sure I'm in the default or non-print, and I am. I've also made sure each topic is linked to the right style sheet, and it is. Hmmm... So... those were good things to check, but the look is still different! Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
sawood
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by sawood »

Well, to further update you... I just decided to change to the arial font vs. sans serif. I don't know why I've been having this problem with sans-serif, but once I switched to arial I was just fine. So... that's a happy-enough ending for me.