Expanding text - paragraphs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
5ynic
Propeller Head

Expanding text - paragraphs

Post by 5ynic »

This is one of those "what am I doing differently" questions... Sometimes when I create an expanding block, the Flare editor allows me to use the enter key to create hard carriage returns (these show up as <p> tags when "show blocks" is toggled on, whereas shift-enter gives <br> tags) and obviously this allows me to apply paragraph-level formatting to chunks within the expanding block (which I need to do). Other times, when I create an expanding block, the enter key creates <br> tags, and the entirety of the Expanding block remains a single paragraph. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing to get myself stuck like this?
TIA,
:shock:
-- I hope this doesn't get appended to all my posts --
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Expanding text - paragraphs

Post by LTinker68 »

I wonder if it's like with drop-down text. The structure is different depending on how you create the drop-down text (http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... f=6&t=4672). If you compare the code between the two sets of expanding blocks, maybe you'll see something different between the structures of the two. I don't use the expanding blocks and I don't have Flare running at the moment, but give it a try.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.