problem opening table css, tiny font in tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Glenda King
Jr. Propeller Head

problem opening table css, tiny font in tables

Post by Glenda King »

Hi all,

I've been having a problem opening some table style sheets some of the time - the tab displays in the main working area, but with no content, just an error message:

Failed to run command 'open'.

Exception: invoke or begininvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.

(think the error message sometimes says 'not enough handles')

Also, sometimes the font in some tables is really tiny in the working window, even though the basic font is set to be Verdana 9 point. And when you do a preview, it displays normally.

These stange behaviours are driving me crazy - can anyone explain them?

I'd also really like to understand how the table style sheets and the main style sheet interact - have inherited a table that has the header set to 'centered', and have tried to set it back to lef-aligned in the 'th' style in the main style sheet (can't see where else you can set alignment) but with no luck.

If anyone can recommend a website that de-mystifies style sheets I'd be most appreciative!

many thanks

Glenda
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: problem opening table css, tiny font in tables

Post by SteveS »

Hi Glenda,

Standard reply when you start seeing error messages such as those is to re-install dotnet frameworks.

As for help with css...

Cascading Style Cheatsheet
CSS Properties

For inspiration:
CSS Zen Garden

I can recommend you get a copy of Lie/ Bos: Cascading Style Sheets. Hell, they're the blokes who came up with css, so they should know a thing or 2 about it.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Glenda King
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: problem opening table css, tiny font in tables

Post by Glenda King »

Steve,

Thanks very much for your suggestions - I'll order that book.

Have downloaded v3.5 of dotnet, hope that will help resolve sime of my table problems. Look forward to moving on to Flare v4!

regards

Glenda