Not able to select new stylesheet

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Not able to select new stylesheet

Post by Mette Nyberg »

Somehow I am just not able to change my stylesheet. When I try from Topic Properties, the stylesheet entry is grayed. Same thing happens when I try to change the stylesheet from File list. Whether I select just one topic, selected topics, or all - same result: the stylesheet entry is grayed.
I am running v4. I wasn't able to do it in v3.1 either.
it's not just a particular project but all projects. I have a project that I share with coworkers and they are able to change stylesheet (that is the stylesheet is not grayed in their app).
What seems to be the problem - some sort of hidden setting or what ??
Mette
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Not able to select new stylesheet

Post by LTinker68 »

I see the same behavior. And when I go to Tools > Stylesheet Links, I get a warning message stating that "Local topic style sheets are disabled since a master style sheet is being used at the project level and/or target level". In my case, my default target is WebHelp and I have two masterpages, and I'm using a custom html class to call the second. The default html class is calling my main masterpage. I'm guessing that's where the issue is. If you're calling a specific masterpage from the html tag and that masterpage is linked to a specific stylesheet, then it's not allowing you to override the stylesheet specified in the masterpage. Although technically I think it should work, since you can have more than one stylesheet referenced in a topic.

Are you in that type of situation?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Adrian Durand
Propeller Head

Post by Adrian Durand »

I have also encountered the same problem (for a Webhelp target).
I have two style sheets in use, one for main topics, the other for popups, and I had set the Master Stylesheet in the Target Editor to my main Stylesheet. This prevented me from selecting which stylesheet to use when adding a new topic.

I resolved this by setting the Master Stylesheet to 'Default' and then I could select the appropriate stylesheet when adding new topics.

HTH

Adrian

WInXP, Flare 4, Capture 3.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Yep, if you have set a master stylesheet for the project and/or target, Flare will grey-out the stylesheet option in topic properties. Also, it will ignore any links to stylesheets you have in your master page and only include a link to the master stylesheet.

Mind, setting a master stylesheet doesn't explain how this problem would occur in Flare 3, or why shared projects work on other people's PCs.