Dropdown styles

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Dropdown styles

Post by Gary Niemen »

Here are a couple of related questions relating to the dropdown styles.
1) What is the difference between the styles MadCap:dropDownHead and dropDownHead?
2) If I want my own style for dropDownHead then I make a separate class based on dropDownHead - say, dropDownHead.H3. I then get MadCap:dropDownHead.H3 as well. At least, this is how it looks in Simple View in the Style Editor. Can somebody explain.
3) And, finally, what is dropDownHotSpot defining? How does that relate to dropDownHead?
Thanks, as always.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Dropdown styles

Post by LTinker68 »

Gary Niemen wrote:1) What is the difference between the styles MadCap:dropDownHead and dropDownHead?
Is this a project that was originally created in Flare v3 or earlier? Because in a new project in Flare v4, there is only MadCap|dropDownHead; there is no plain dropDownHead in the stylesheet. When you open a v3 project in v4, Flare converts the stylesheet, but it might have run into a problem or something happened to stop the conversion. You might also want to check that the conversion worked on the print medium, too. Either way, you should delete or combine the dropDownHead styles into the MadCap|dropDownHead style.
Gary Niemen wrote:2) If I want my own style for dropDownHead then I make a separate class based on dropDownHead - say, dropDownHead.H3. I then get MadCap:dropDownHead.H3 as well. At least, this is how it looks in Simple View in the Style Editor. Can somebody explain.
I think that's tied to the above problem. There should only be MadCap|dropDownHead, or in this case, MadCap|dropDownHead.H3.
Gary Niemen wrote:3) And, finally, what is dropDownHotSpot defining? How does that relate to dropDownHead?
MadCap|dropDownHotspot has the pseudo classes for the mouseover effects. Not really sure why they didn't just have pseudo classes for dropDownHead and get rid of dropDownHotspot.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Gary Niemen »

Thanks - I think you are spot on.
We started in Flare 3.1 - moved to Flare 4 only to discover it was too slow to work in - and have now moved back to Flare 3.1.
All this moving around no doubt created the issues described.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

If you're working in v3 then you probably want to get rid of all the styles that have the pipe (|) character -- Flare v3 is probably throwing errors for them because it doesn't know what to do with them.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.