Tables in Page Layout Footer, adding a page type

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
KBaine
Propeller Head

Tables in Page Layout Footer, adding a page type

Post by KBaine »

I have inserted a table (no table style used) into my footer in my page layout. I did this so that I could have the page number flush at one side of the page, and the company name flush at the other side of the page. And I have this going for both the L and R pages. The problem is, it won't let me remove the table borders. Whenever I edit it, and remove the borders, when I save it, I get this error message: "Failed to run command Table Properties. Exception: Could not find foldername\foldername\Content\Resources\PageLayout\xxxxx.css", where xxxxx is the name of the CSS I am using for the entire project.

What gives? It works when I have the footer set for Default, but for Print, it crashes when I try to change the table borders.

The other problem I'm having is that I want to have a separate page type for my cover (title) page. How do I add a page type so that I get the little T in a circle symbol on the right when I'm in page layout? There doesn't seem to be a menu from which to select a page type. When I try to add a page to the layout, my only choices are duplicate, copy, etc.

Thanks,

Kathleen Baine
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Tables in Page Layout Footer, adding a page type

Post by LTinker68 »

KBaine wrote:The problem is, it won't let me remove the table borders.
How are you trying to remove the borders? Are you just setting the borders to "not set" and/or select "collapse borders" or set the border to none in the table tag in the stylesheet? You might need to open the stylesheet in the Internal Text Editor and compare how you have the styles set in the default medium versus how they're set in the print medium.
KBaine wrote: How do I add a page type so that I get the little T in a circle symbol on the right when I'm in page layout? There doesn't seem to be a menu from which to select a page type. When I try to add a page to the layout, my only choices are duplicate, copy, etc.
On the duplicate/copy, open the page properties and select Title as the page type.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KBaine
Propeller Head

Post by KBaine »

I open the footer (F2), then go to Table Properties, and change it from a border to Not Set. When I try to save it, I get the error.

Don't know why it looks fine with Default and not Print. I only want to have the no-border look for these footers.

Maybe I should create a table style specifically for footers, or better yet, a Snippet of what I want. Then I could pop it in whenever I need it, and if the company name should change (not likely, but you never know), I can easily change it.

What do you think?

Thanks for your reply,
Kathleen
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Hmmm. I inserted a table and it came in with the collapse cell borders already selected and the border set to not set. Those borders are only the outer boundary of the table. It still shouldn't give you the error when you try to modify it, but check your stylesheet to see if you have borders specified on the <td> tag. If so, you might want to create a custom <td> class with borders set to none, then apply that custom class to each cell in the table.

As for tracking the trouble with the tables... Does it happen in a brand new project and/or in a new page layout in the same project?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.