X-Edit v2

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

X-Edit v2

Post by Robotman »

Is anybody using Version 2 of X-Edit? How is it?

As an aside - I saw that it was released based on the 'news and updates' section of v1.2 but clicking HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES never gave me information about the v2 upgrade. I don't believe I received an email about it either. I've sinced contacted Madcap and they sent me a direct link to the download. Just wondering if others were in the same boat?
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: X-Edit v2

Post by RamonS »

I got X-Edit through other means, but if you want to use Flare 6 and use X-Edit you have to use X-Edit 2. As far as I can recall the updater never pulls in new major releases. You either have to buy the new release or you get it as part of the maintenance contract even when then contract runs out before the next release appears (which is unlikely at the current MadCap pace). If you do not have a maintenance contract you won't get an email for the new download. If you did and did not get anything it may have been tagged as spam or MadCap had a hiccup and never sent it. In any case, you did the right thing.
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Robotman »

RamonS wrote:If you do not have a maintenance contract you won't get an email for the new download. If you did and did not get anything it may have been tagged as spam or MadCap had a hiccup and never sent it. In any case, you did the right thing.
Yeah, we've got the maintenance plan. It's all sorted with Madcap, which is good (thanks Thomas K). Will hopefully get around to looking at v2 in the next couple of days.
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony
DurtyMat
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by DurtyMat »

I just used it for my last release. Now that you can send multiple topics for review, using X-Edit actually makes sense (I don't know how anyone could use it pre-multi-topic). My reviewer loved being able to jump right into the files and move things around (I enabled the "allow editing rights" checkbox) and found the process much smoother then the tried and true PDF full of comments review method.
Flare: I bought it ... so that means I can break it, right?