Snippets in Contributor - what's the full story?

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
stephgl
Propeller Head

Snippets in Contributor - what's the full story?

Post by stephgl »

I'm evaluating Contributor and trying to figure out how snippets come into play. I use them heavily in my projects.

I gather that that if one sends an existing topic for review, within contributor the only snippet actions allowed are to delete from topic, add a condition or add an index entry. No way to create, insert, edit, or annotate a snippet in a document received for review.

In new documents created from within Contributor, one can add content and create a snippet with it. However, this isn't working when I try it. Any advice?

Also, I cannot see a way to send a batch of existing snippets from a project so the contributor can use them with documents created in Contributor. Is this possible?

-Steph
-stephgl
mmarrinan
Propeller Head

Re: Snippets in Contributor - what's the full story?

Post by mmarrinan »

I'm evaluating Contributor now and have the same questions. I was able to add snippets in bulk by clicking on the Show Files icon at the top left of Content Explorer and using the CTRL key to select all of the snippets that I needed to add to the package. However, you have to do this before you add any of the actual topics. If you add the topics first and then click "Add Topics" in the "Send Topics for Review" dialog, you only have the option of adding topics (htm), not snippets (flsnp).

I use a lot of snippets, too. It's going got be very time consuming if I have to track them all down in order to send a topic out for review.

Did you ever get any response to your questions?
CJWyckoff
Propeller Head

Re: Snippets in Contributor - what's the full story?

Post by CJWyckoff »

Ditto. This is a show-stopper for us on Contributor.
cjw