Delete key weirdness

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
lauraj
Propeller Head

Delete key weirdness

Post by lauraj »

One of my SME's is experiencing a weird problem in the Contributor editor. Any time he hits the DELETE key twice in succession, the cursor jumps to the H1 header at the top of the topic and starts deleting characters there.

I can't reproduce this on my PC, but I've watched him do it on his. I can't see anything different about his configuration. We all just started using Contributor, and he's the only one experiencing this. Has anyone seen this? It's making it hard for him to work with the product. :(
- Laura
Technicallyabstract
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Delete key weirdness

Post by Technicallyabstract »

That sounds very much like a problem I encountered last September/October. Naturally, it occurred when my non-Flare-trained boss wanted to make last-minute changes to some topics on the actual delivery day, so I had no time to address the problem she was having in Controbutor; she just sent me what she had and I cleared up the mess in Flare.
I believe there may be other references to similar problems in the Contributor forum.
Another heading-related problem seems to occurs when users select content and delete or cut/paste - nearby headings can go missing. For example, it seems to occur when deleting a table beneath a heading. Contributor seems very sensitive to selecting content under headings.
These and other issues with Contributor recently caused my company to stop using it - I'm now back to producing and importing Word documents for review/contributions. :(
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Sounds like a bug to me...

Make sure you lodge a bug report, the best way is using this URL: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

This happened to me this week (I just got Contributor for my developers). Don't be shy about opening bug reports.

Diana