Using Condition Tags with Review Packages

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
CSalisbury
Jr. Propeller Head

Using Condition Tags with Review Packages

Post by CSalisbury »

How can I create a review package and filter the content based on the condition tags?

I have lots of 'notes' in topics that I have conditioned for "MYEYESONLY' . When I send the review package Flare does not let me (or I cannot find out how) create the review package based on Condition Tags.

Is there a way to do this without using a Contributors Template?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Using Condition Tags with Review Packages

Post by Nita Beck »

Condition tags control whether content is included in or excluded from generated output. But a review package consists of source files, so whatever is in those source files will be visible to the recipients of the review package.

Perhaps you can preface a bit of MYEYESONLY content with something like "Note to Self:" and train your reviewers to ignore that content. Otherwise, don't use review packages at all, but instead generate a PDF that they can annotate or a Word doc that they can edit, but exclude the MYEYESONLY content.

I'm not sure what a contribution template would have to do with a review package, but that just might be my inexperience speaking.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!