Applying tr class

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
peckerdunne
Propeller Head

Applying tr class

Post by peckerdunne »

I want our SMEs to break long tables for printed output.
Some of the rows are quite high so I can't apply a page-break-inside:avoid property universally as it plays havoc with the layout.
In Flare I can right-click on a tr element in the structure bars and apply a tr.nosplit class that inserts a page-break-before: always class
ScreenShot020.png
but I can't seem to do it in Contributor.
Any advice welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: Applying tr class

Post by Msquared »

Not sure if this is any good to you, but I've had a play with Contributor and think I may have found out how to do it. It's not as obvious as when you do it from within Flare.

Firstly, I don't set styles directly on the table rows. I use a table stylesheet. But within that stylesheet, I do define different row styles. For example, I have a Subheader style, which has bold text, and also has page-break-after: avoid, so my table will never break immediately after a subheader row.

This works for tables that have stylesheets applied. Something similar may well work for you, but since I don't have any straight <tr> styles in my ordinary stylesheet, I can't be sure.

So, go to Contributor. As you say, if you right click on the <tr> tag, you get a context menu that doesn't give you anything very useful, and in my case, none of my row styles to apply, which I would have expected. But, select the row differently. Put your cursor somewhere in the row you want to select, go to the Table tab, select the drop-down by Select Table, and choose Select Row. Now you have selected the row in a far better way! If you right click, you should find you have got some far more useful options, which in my case, included Table Style, Row Style (what I guess you want, or something similar) and Column Style.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.