Paste icon not working properly

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
Sarianna
Propeller Head

Paste icon not working properly

Post by Sarianna »

Hello,

I have a problem trying to paste code examples into Contributor. I want to paste code examples from other programs and have them retain the proper indenting, so I'm trying to paste the code inside a pre tag and then select Paste inline text from the paste icon. This works fine sometimes, but sometimes the paste icon just does not appear after I paste text, no matter which pasting method I use (CTRL+V, right-click menu, or the icon in the Home ribbon). I also tried pasting in ordinary paragraphs, in case the pre tag was causing the problems, but no luck there. What's more frustrating, I also haven't managed to find the paste options menu lurking anywhere else in the UI (please let me know if you know where it is!), so that if the paste icon does not appear, it seems there is no way to set the pasted text as inline.

There seems to be no consistency to this behavior: sometimes the paste icon appears after pasting and sometimes not. This pasting method appears to work consistently in Flare (as recommended on this forum), so I'm wondering if this could be a bug in Contributor. Has anyone else encountered problems with the paste icon in Contributor?

Thanks for any hints,
Sarianna
bboursaw
Propeller Head

Re: Paste icon not working properly

Post by bboursaw »

Hello,

I am now having the same issue with Contributor 7 / Flare 11. The issue as reported below is only happening in Contributor. Do pre tag simply not work in Contributor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bob
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Sounds like time to log a bug report or a support request (if you have maintenance). Not sure, but it sounds like a bug to me.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

bboursaw
Propeller Head

Post by bboursaw »

I currently do not have maintenance, so maybe/hopefully someone from the forums that does will see this and log it.

Thank you for the follow-up.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

You don't have to have a maintenance plan to log a bug. Go ahead and log it. See the link in my footer.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
bboursaw
Propeller Head

Post by bboursaw »

I ended up finding the link last week.

Thank you!