Flare can't send Contributor pkgs by email

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare can't send Contributor pkgs by email

Post by mattf »

I get an error when attempting to send a review package by email. The app then suggests I try saving the package and sending it outside of Flare, which is okay as a workaround but we'd rather use the workflow as it's intended. The error suggests that Flare/Contributor thinks that MS Outlook is not the default mail client. But it is. I've checked and it isn't a permissions issue. Has anyone else seen this?
email_error.jpg
I'll put this on the Flare board, too.
Thanks!
-Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare can't send Contributor pkgs by email

Post by mattf »

Problem here is that there's no support for 64-bit versions of Outlook in this Flare feature. I had 64-bit Office installed.
Solution: My IT department couldn't give me a compelling reason why we shouldn't retreat to the 32-bit version of Office (apparently you only need the 64-bit if you're a power Excel user), so we did that and it works now.
Matt F
NicoleSchwarz
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by NicoleSchwarz »

I get the same error message but only after updating to Flare 12. If I open my project with Flare 11 I don't have any problems :?
I will be using both Flare versions until I find a solution, but this is really not an optimal solution.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

That looks like either a bug or feature request is needed. See my footer for links.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

But first make sure you didn't simultaneously upgrade to Flare 12 and a 64-bit version of Outlook. J
Matt F
gsm1
Propeller Head

Post by gsm1 »

I took the advice offered and reported issue as a bug.

However, in researching the issue, I noticed that while my Outlook is 32-bit, my Windows system is 64-bit. Is it possible that the Windows setting is having an adverse impact on the process?
dogsma
Propeller Head

Post by dogsma »

Is there any better solution to this problem? I am using the work around, to just email the review package to a contributor user. The problem I am now experiencing is that I get no error message when I import, but the import package is not visible in the review packages window. When I re-import, I get a message that the package is already in the in-box. I am wondering if this is related to the 64-bit question.
LorenaB
Propeller Head

Post by LorenaB »

Hrmmm ... is this still an issue? Watching for an answer as that will be a blocker to implementation at my site.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

I just did a search and found my own issue from four years ago ha. Apparently my memory is about as robust as Madcap's desire to get this problem fixed. I had forgotten that I wrote the original post here. I have a case open with Support, but that is not the same as a Madcap bug number. I've sent them a screenshot of the error. I also confirmed for them that my Outlook, Flare and Contributor are all 64-bit now.
Matt F