Supported Email Clients for Contributor

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
bangmaster
Propeller Head

Supported Email Clients for Contributor

Post by bangmaster »

Does Contributor support Google Mail as an email client option, or is Outlook the only supported client?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Supported Email Clients for Contributor

Post by Nita Beck »

From what I can glean from this topic in the Flare 11 Help system (http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... Review.htm, Outlook is the only supported email client, as implied in this note from that topic:
Note: If Microsoft Outlook is not installed or an Exchange server cannot be found, you will be prompted to save the review file and send it manually.
But you can easily save the review package as a file and then use your Google mail account to email that file as an attachment. The same would go for returning the package from Contributor. Save the review package file and then email back using Google email.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
bangmaster
Propeller Head

Post by bangmaster »

Thanks, Nita. Wish they'd just come out and say the support Outlook only rather than us having to imply anything. I mean, isn't that the point of technical documentation? :?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

bangmaster wrote:Wish they'd just come out and say the support Outlook only rather than us having to imply anything. I mean, isn't that the point of technical documentation? :?
For all I know it does say so explicitly somewhere. I didn't spend a lot of time searching the Flare or Contributor help systems.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!