Is Contrib floating license timeout configurable?

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Is Contrib floating license timeout configurable?

Post by mattf »

Hi folks,
I have one floating license of Contributor (6.0.0) that I haven't had occasion to use until now. I was firing it up to take a look at the interface and discovered that it has a timeout set so that if the user doesn't make any change for a while, the license gets pulled back into the bank. This is actually a cool feature and will be useful someday when I have a team of more than two people, but right now it's a liability.

Is this timeout configurable? If so, where? I don't see any way to disable it or lengthen it.

Thanks,
-Matt
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
Jen
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Is Contrib floating license timeout configurable?

Post by Jen »

I'd like to know, too! (Or at least know the duration of the inactivity period).

Thanks!
Jen
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

Hi Jen,
There is currently no way to configure or disable this timeout. A bug/feature request has been submitted. Here's the official okey-dokey from Madcap:
----------------------------------------
Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting MadCap Software Technical Support.

I have submitted a Feature Request on your behalf (#107627) with our development team and you will be notified via email if this feature becomes available in a future patch or release version.
----------------------------------------

I've actually set Contributor aside -- it has a very specific applicability and my workflow just doesn't match it yet -- but if they email me that they've fixed this I'll report back to this post.

-Matt
Matt F
Jen
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Jen »

Thank you Matt! Tell me, do you also know anything about the inactivity period for a floating license on Flare itself? Would these periods be similar?

:)
Jen
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

Jen,
I don't know about timeouts for Flare floating licenses. My two Flare licenses are both permanent ones assigned to particular computers. But that's a great question I'd love to know the answer to. I encourage you to ask your rep about it.
-Matt
Matt F