Issues with editing Contributor Review Packages

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
andie5
Jr. Propeller Head

Issues with editing Contributor Review Packages

Post by andie5 »

Hi all, our company is looking to universally implement Contributor for technical doc reviewing purposes.
I have been testing edits on the review packages in order to get an idea of the tool (being new to MadCap software myself), as well as to create a step-by-step guide for other reviewers who are not familiar with using MadCap software such as Flare.

The following are issues I've encountered while editing, as well as some sort of workarounds for rectifying them.

* Document View
The current preset view for the Review Package is too technical, with all snippets, variables, and other components marked with their respective codes and tags.
Workaround: Ideally the view can be preset to show only the WSYIWYG/’clean’ document for the reviewer’s convenience, including presetting the location of Navigation Pane. Is there a way to do this?

* Annotations
Annotations cannot be made on figures, graphs, snippets, and variables. This becomes problematic when there is no text component on the page.
Workaround: Insert a random text where needed, annotate it, and ensure text is deleted when annotation is resolved.

* Spacing
When performing edits by replacing words or characters (represented by a red strikethrough line), it becomes unclear if there is space (or lack thereof) between words.
Workaround: Untick ‘Show Changes’ on the Review Tab to show how the change affects final document.

* Editing snippets
Edits made in snippets are not marked on the Review Package document, or appear but in the same formatting as original text. Edits appear alongside original text with no formatting distinction between the original and the edit. Unticking Show Changes does not help. Reviewer needs to open each snippet window to confirm.

I would appreciate some inputs from the forum as well as hear if anyone else experiences similar issues and has solutions for them.

Thanks!
A.