Take a topic out of a review package

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
stmisc
Jr. Propeller Head

Take a topic out of a review package

Post by stmisc »

When running a test to use Contributor for the first time, we put a few topics into the review package. How do I take them out of the review package. It's annoying that Show Changes is enabled for these topics. If I clear the Show Changes check box my content displays as I expect it would. I then edit this content, thinking that everything is fine. When I go to build the project, however, I don't see the changed contnet; I see the original content. I have to go back into the topic, turn on Show Changes, and then accept all of the edits. That behavior doesn't seem correct to me. It might have something to do with that topic being used in a test review package. If so, how do I get it out of the review cycle so that it's just my simple topic that I can edit as I normally would?

Addendum. I just added a new topic and content I'm adding is added with Show Changes. For a new topic, with new content, I shouldn't have to add the content then go ahead and have to accept all the changes. This is weird behavior, so I'm wondering if I'm missing somes some global setting to just turn change tracking off.

Another addendum: When I create a new topic, or even edit a topic that is not in the review cycle, Flare adds the following to the header when I look at the Text Editor of a topic:

<MadCap:changeData>
<MadCap:AddChange MadCap:userName="xxx" MadCap:initials="xx" MadCap:id="1" MadCap:timestamp="2017-03-07T10:11:32.7651134-08:00" />
</MadCap:changeData>

I delete that information, but it gets added back in the second I add any text to a topic. It also gets added automatically whenever I create a new topic. This seems to be the underlying issue. How do I get that to NOT be created?
garyetzel
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Take a topic out of a review package

Post by garyetzel »

Your Track Changes issue, that has nothing to do with Contributor. For anything that is revision marked, you can only get the original, unedited version when you build your targets. To see the revisions in your targets, you have to accept the revisions first. Like it or not, that's the only way it works.

If you hide the changes by clearing the Show Changes text box, you're just hiding them from the Flare editor (XML editor view). But the tracked changes are still in the code (Text Editor view), and the above behavior will still occur when you build your targets.

The <MadCap:changeData> code you copied, I don't think that has anything to do with it.

The Track Changes section of the Flare online help might have some more information to help you. That's how we figured this much out. We're trying to come up with a Contributor-based review process that is easy on both us and our reviewers, so we'll be submitting some enhancement requests shortly for the kinds of changes we'd like to see.