Switch to TOC View

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
Gav74
Jr. Propeller Head

Switch to TOC View

Post by Gav74 »

When my reviewers use the free review version, they click the "Switch to TOC View" and get a lot of [%=System.LinkedTitle%] ; which is not a great deal of use.

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Switch to TOC View

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

This is because of the wonderful new feature that Madcap introduced a couple of versions ago, where the TOC inserts the topic title as a variable so the TOC entry changes automatically if the topic title does. In the full version you can tell where this has happened as the TOC entries are shown in blue. It's a very annoying feature that you can't turn off, other than by overtyping the variable with "hard-coded" titles, which are then shown in black. (There have been other problems caused by this wretched variable, but I don't know what they are as I always hard-code my TOC values.)

So in brief, one way to prevent this would be to hard-code the titles in the TOC. I look forward to seeing any other suggestions.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Gav74
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Switch to TOC View

Post by Gav74 »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:This is because of the wonderful new feature that Madcap introduced a couple of versions ago, where the TOC inserts the topic title as a variable so the TOC entry changes automatically if the topic title does. In the full version you can tell where this has happened as the TOC entries are shown in blue. It's a very annoying feature that you can't turn off, other than by overtyping the variable with "hard-coded" titles, which are then shown in black. (There have been other problems caused by this wretched variable, but I don't know what they are as I always hard-code my TOC values.)

So in brief, one way to prevent this would be to hard-code the titles in the TOC. I look forward to seeing any other suggestions.
"Hard-coding" it is then, thanks ChoccieMuffin.