workflow options

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

workflow options

Post by cayennep »

do not understand the options here...

external resources - why?? this is where the collaboration files are stored, but they're not seen in flare as contributions, and there's no relationship or real point to it that I can tell

importing contributions - one at a time?? really?? plus, these are now in a directory structure on the SHARED RESOURCES share, and so the only option I have is to import them one at a time, WITHOUT the directory structure created by the developer??

I created a review file and sent back to developer but he can't open it

any hi-level 'what are the steps' greatly appreciated (WITHOUT 'send' or outlook, which do not work because of issue with mismatched 64-bit vs 32-bit apps)

1. mcco - options to get?? (NOT email)
2. open in flare - options to open/import??
3. edit and do what?? send for review?? did not work

this should be easy but of course under pressure now, and no answer to a support ticket from nearly a week ago so any help appreciated
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: workflow options

Post by mattf »

@cayennep, you never heard from anyone on this? Is anyone even using Contributor? Hello? Bueller? Anyone?
Right now I am trying to get a review package from one of my devs into Flare. Madcap's online help here …( http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... rkflow.htm) ...says I can open the package from email and mentions a dialog that appears and enables me to open it in Flare. I don't see any such dialog. If I click the package it opens in Contributor. Because it is a bundle of several topics, I want to open the package in Flare, accept/reject/edit, and then tuck it into bed. How are people doing that? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-mdf
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.