The problem is that when I try to set a new project up and bind it to a new repository, I go through hours of frustration and confusion. It's even worse trying to bind an existing project, which I've give up on trying to get working. This is true on both my Windows 7 Pro desktop PC, and on my Windows 10 laptop PC):
1. Created a new repository in Git called Newbook, and copied its URL to my clipboard.
2. Created a new project in Flare, and told it to bind to source control.
3. In the bind dialog, specified my remote repository and then my user ID and password.
4. When I try to interact with the repository, Flare complains:
Remote already contains another project. Please pull from an empty remote.
Pushing untracked branch Preliminary...
Destination already in use by another project. Please push to an empty remote.
The source control operation finished with warnings and/or errors. Press Close when you are done reviewing the messages.
5. That is, of course, impossible, given that it's a brand new repository on Git.
Does anyone have a steplist I can follow (and record for future use) to get a new project working with a new Git repository. This should be simple!