Sequence contains more than one element

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.

Sequence contains more than one element

Postby neb123 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 am

I changed folder names in a Flare project that updated links in targets. This caused the error in the attached file.

<Exception type="System.InvalidOperationException" message="Sequence contains more than one element"

(full error log in attached file).

What is the issue/problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neb123
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby yonatanlehman on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 am

Just happened to me too - did you ever find a solution?
yonatanlehman
Propeller Head

Postby kerimucci on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 am

I have also experienced this a number of times and have reported it. I haven't been told about a solution yet.
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Postby mwmartz on Tue May 22, 2018 12:45 pm

We're getting it now, too. Does anyone moderate these forums anymore? Seems like answers are few and far between on most topics I've searched lately.

We got the error while trying to push updated info from Flare to GitLab.
[color=#804080][b]Mary Warren Martz[/b][/color]
[color=#8040FF][i]Just the Write Word, LLC[/i][/color]
mwmartz
Propeller Head

Postby kerimucci on Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 am

Flare Support told me that they thought it was a connection issue... They suggested I create a new repository on Git and bind my project (or a test project) to that. I did this a few weeks ago, and so far so good, but I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing this issue again.
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Postby kathryngz on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:34 am

I just started getting this error too. I had recently changed several filenames (not folder names, as the OP did). Maybe that has something to do with it.

Based on the advice from Flare that kerimucci received, I just tried unbinding and rebinding my Bitbucket repo, and I'm not getting the error any more. Interesting.
kathryngz
Propeller Head

Postby kathryngz on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:17 am

I just discovered that unbinding the repository apparently emptied it! That was a negative side effect I definitely wasn't expecting. Afterward, even when I committed my project from Flare, it didn't show up in the repo. I had to unbind, delete the repo, recreate it, and bind again to get things working properly.

It seems like this is a pretty significant bug that needs high priority attention from MadCap.
kathryngz
Propeller Head

Postby Nita Beck on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm

kathryngz wrote:It seems like this is a pretty significant bug that needs high priority attention from MadCap.

Be sure to report it at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/. MadCap does not necessarily monitor what's being reported here in the peer-to-peer forums.
Nita
Content Strategist / Information Architect / Flare Consultant: http://beck-communications.com
Manager, Rochester Flare User Group: http://www.facebook.com/RochesterFlareUserGroup
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Postby mwmartz on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Nita Beck wrote:
kathryngz wrote:It seems like this is a pretty significant bug that needs high priority attention from MadCap.

Be sure to report it at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/. MadCap does not necessarily monitor what's being reported here in the peer-to-peer forums.

I just logged this bug this morning with a similar issue we're having, along with Support case under our Bronze maintenance package. Will report the findings here when we (hopefully) have a solution).
mwmartz
Propeller Head

Postby wolfmanjack on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Any of you continuing to experience this error after unbinding and rebinding? I am getting the same error and just curious if this is a temporary workaround or if this issue keeps coming back? Planning to unbind and rebind and hope it resolves it.
wolfmanjack
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby mwmartz on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:25 am

@wolfmanjack - I don’t know if it depends on your source control tool, but we cannot “rebind” a project. We use GitLab.After we unbound the project, we had to blow away our local copy, and then do a fresh Import of the project. This error occurred on only one person’s copy, so not a big deal. But, it did recur a couple of times. As I recall, he ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Flare. We haven’t had the error since then... thus far.
mwmartz
Propeller Head

Postby Harshinir on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 am

neb123 wrote:I changed folder names in a Flare project that updated links in targets. This caused the error in the attached file.

<Exception type="System.InvalidOperationException" message="Sequence contains more than one element"

(full error log in attached file).

What is the issue/problem?

I am having a similar issue. I made some change to the folder names and Flare has been crashing ever since. The moment I select the project to open, I get a message from Flare. I haven't been able to open the project. We use Github as our repository. Is there any other way to unbind the project from the source control, as I am currently unable to even open the project to unbind it. Flare crashes even before that.
Harshinir
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby TR Lisa on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:54 am

I've started getting this error repeatedly. My Flare project is bound to Central. I'm told it might be Git related, so curious how many of you who get this error are using Git.

Here is the "fix" from MadCap, which is not really a fix but more of a "unplug it and plug it back in" solution until it happens again. It is recurring for me. My project is still pretty new and small, and there's nothing remarkable about it. I'm not doing anything complicated in the content, and the error happens at random times, like when I try to apply a text style, or insert a snippet, or various other mundane tasks. These are the steps they have me follow when I get the error:

1 Open the project folder in Windows File Explorer and delete the .git file
2 Open the flprj using text editor
3 Delete all Source Control-related text here
4 Save the file
5 Open the flprj inside Flare again
6 Open left-pane MadCap Central tab
7 Click "Upload this project to MadCap Central"
8 Rename the project so that it has a new repository created within Central
Last edited by TR Lisa on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

Postby chuck_agari on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:46 pm

How about that. I just started getting this message today, only I'm bound to GitHub, which is what we use, not Central, which we saw no reason to pay extra for.

Seems to have started happening after I changed a couple of filenames. (I wonder if it's also an issue with 2FA, which Flare (still!) doesn't support.)

Is anyone more familiar with how Git/GitHub works (which would be pretty much anyone) and could adapt these instructions safely to GitHub?
chuck_agari
Sr. Propeller Head

Return to Source Control