Setting up Git/Bitbucket/Flare 2017

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
jmatosky
Propeller Head

Setting up Git/Bitbucket/Flare 2017

Post by jmatosky »

Hi,

I am really struggling to pinpoint why I'm having such a problem setting up Source Control with Flare and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have tried these steps both within my company firewall and outside of it with the same result, so I am assuming it is not a firewall issue. Anyway, here goes:

I have set up an account in Bitbucket. I have Git 2.14.1 installed on my laptop. I have Flare 2017 R2. I'm running Windows 7.

First, I created a repository in BitBucket, then manually created a project using CMD and the steps provided by BitBucket:

git clone https://jmatosky@bitbucket.org/jmatosky ... rcegit.git
cd salesforcegit
echo "# My project's README" >> README.md
git add README.md
git commit -m "Initial commit"
git push -u origin master

Then I copied my Flare project of the same name into the git project that was created on my C drive and I manually committed the files and pushed them to BitBucket. This worked. My project is in BitBucket.

Then I opened Flare and Binded the project to Git. And that is where my problems start:

When I edit a file, it shows checked out. I am able to Commit just fine. But when I try to push to Bitbucket, I get an error that states: "Destination already in use by another project. Please push to an empty remote."
git error2.jpg
I asked Madcap about this once before and was told not to push the Analyzer or Output folders to BitBucket. When I set up the project in BitBucket, I removed those folders, so they are not there, but the problem persists.

The other problem I have is when anyone else tries to import this project from BitBucket (which is a big problem because what I am trying to accomplish here is a collaboration space for my team of authors so we don't overwrite each other, and so that we can use a Build machine to automate our nightly push of content to the server)

When someone else tries to import the project from Bitbucket, I get the following error. The other person has Admin access to the Bitbucket repository, so it's not an access issue (I thought this might be my company firewall, but this is what I tried to do both connected to the network and not)
git error.jpg
Can anyone who has successfully bound a project to Git/BitBucket please, please help me! I don't know what I am doing wrong. Someone else in the company helped me set this up. They use Git and BitBucket, but not Flare, so I've relied 100% on his expertise to even get as far as I have. I'm a pretty experienced Flare user, but I don't know anything about Git.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Setting up Git/Bitbucket/Flare 2017

Post by Robotman »

jmatosky wrote:Can anyone who has successfully bound a project to Git/BitBucket please, please help me! I don't know what I am doing wrong. Someone else in the company helped me set this up. They use Git and BitBucket, but not Flare, so I've relied 100% on his expertise to even get as far as I have. I'm a pretty experienced Flare user, but I don't know anything about Git.
I wish I could help you. I'm also an experienced Flare user and I'm struggling with Bitbucket as well (different issues). We've got ours in SVN (easy) but I'm struggling with Bitbucket. I thought R3 might have addressed the issue I'm having (connecting to Bitbucket using the Flare interface) so I'm at that stage where is it Flare or our IT department that's preventing me from connecting. Good luck in your travels. :)
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony
jmatosky
Propeller Head

Post by jmatosky »

This has been resolved. The Bitbucket repository should not have a Readme file in it either. Once I created a blank repository and used Flare to push to it for the first time, it worked like a charm.
jsimmonsDXC
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jsimmonsDXC »

jmatosky wrote:This has been resolved. The Bitbucket repository should not have a Readme file in it either. Once I created a blank repository and used Flare to push to it for the first time, it worked like a charm.
Was your team ever able to set up an automated build using an external builder? I'd be interested in hearing how that process went.