Sequence contains more than one element

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby Psider on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm

We were using VSS or the first TFS at the time and performing the rename in source control manually didn't seem to do a delete then add. Certainly the history was retained using VSS rather than Flare.
Psider
Propellus Maximus
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby cdiamond on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 am

Thanks, all. Good tips that I will pass on to my team as best practices. Always do edits, moves, and renames in separate check-in sessions. Check-in each change before making the next one. I am, again, embarking on using Central to share our Flare project and hope this works. If not, I'll be back...
cdiamond
Jr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby dpcremin on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:28 am

We are having the same problems with GitHub and managing source control via the connector in Flare and the "sequence contains more than one element" issue. I have GitHub Desktop installed. Should we explore using that tool and completely disabling binding in Flare?
dpcremin
Jr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:37 am

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby chuck_agari on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:06 pm

dpcremin wrote:We are having the same problems with GitHub and managing source control via the connector in Flare and the "sequence contains more than one element" issue. I have GitHub Desktop installed. Should we explore using that tool and completely disabling binding in Flare?

I would. I did.
chuck_agari
Sr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby kwag_myers on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:49 am

I ran into this issue after moving files around in the Content Explorer (even though I know better :oops: ). Here's my fix, using Central:
1. Rename existing project folder on my hard drive.
2.Import the project from Central.
3. Using Windows Explorer, copy files from backup project. I suppose you can just copy the entire Content folder, but I copied only the moved files.
4. Open the new project in Flare, Commit, and Push. This adds the files to their new location.
5. Using File List in Flare, delete files in old location and Commit, Push again.
I still have files to move, but I plan to add the files to the new location using Flare's based on existing feature, Commit, Push, and then delete the old files.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Sequence contains more than one element

Postby doloremipsum on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm

For reference, I get this error periodically - usually, as expected, when I've been moving files around.
Generally the error is fixed if I close Flare, commit all current changes (I use Git Extensions) and open Flare again. It seems to me that the Working Directory has just become a bit messed up and needs a reset.
doloremipsum
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Previous

Return to Source Control

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest