Disconnected from source control by default

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
spordelia
Propeller Head

Disconnected from source control by default

Post by spordelia »

I just upgraded to TFS 2017 / Flare 2017 R3, and I'm experiencing a new issue.

Every time I open Flare and then open one of my source-control-bound projects, source control is disconnected by default. I have to manually go to Source Control > Connect and then manually do a Get Latest All. This issue does appear to be specific to this one project; my other projects connect automatically, as I would expect.

I don't see anything obvious that could be causing this. Does anyone know if I'm missing a hidden setting somewhere?
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Disconnected from source control by default

Post by roboHAL »

I'm not sure if my response will help you or not, however, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt to try unbinding and then rebinding the project, and/or deleting the source control folder. The source control folder could be copied as a backup if your reluctant to delete it, and it would be recreated automatically once you re-connect. Hope that helps. :)
spordelia
Propeller Head

Post by spordelia »

Thank you for responding! I'm hesitant to unbind and rebind just because I've had a TON of various issues with TFS over the last few months--big issues like not being able to check in new files through Flare--and after unbinding and rebinding several dozen times, and then finally upgrading, those things are now working properly at last. I'm scared to try anything that may create those problems again in my attempt to fix a minor one! It is more an inconvenience than anything, I suppose.
TWinMontreal
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by TWinMontreal »

This week I ran into the issue of one of my long dormant Flare projects showing as disconnected, and the Reconnect button under Source Control on the ribbon was not working. I tried a few troubleshooting steps, such as removing the Analyzer and User folders, but the real fix was rebinding. Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Gordon