Git doesn't show other user's pending changes?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
wscarthy
Jr. Propeller Head

Git doesn't show other user's pending changes?

Post by wscarthy »

I am working on a project with another writer, and we previously used TFS source control. With TFS the Pending Changes tab would show all of the items we both had checked out, which was nice to avoid conflicts.

We recently switched to Git source control, and I noticed that the Pending Changes tab only shows my changes. Is there any way to get Git source control to show both of our changes?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Git doesn't show other user's pending changes?

Post by Nita Beck »

wscarthy wrote:We recently switched to Git source control, and I noticed that the Pending Changes tab only shows my changes. Is there any way to get Git source control to show both of our changes?
Welcome to the forums! :)

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is. You each have a local Git repo on your machines, and Flare gathers the pending changes against that repo. It's only when you each pull & push or each synchronize that you'll get each other's changes, and there may be conflicts if you both touched the same parts of the same files.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!