Does Flare have a global setting for the SVN repository URL?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
stealth94rt
Propeller Head

Does Flare have a global setting for the SVN repository URL?

Post by stealth94rt »

Hello:

My company is doing some server changes and the path to our SVN repository is changing. For now, the "old" server is redirecting to the new server. However, when the old one is shut down, we will need to update the bound path in Flare.

My question -- is there a "global" setting (i.e., one place where I can type the new path and it will apply to all my Flare projects)? OR, do I have to go through each project and rebind it to the new SVN path? I know that I can go into each ".flprj" file and edit the path, but the software developers will have to do that, also, and I'm worried about folks making mistakes -- it would definitely be easier if there was just one place where the path could be entered for all projects. I expected to see something in Source Control > Network Settings, but I only have one page of settings in there, labeled "global", and there is nothing about an SVN path on that page.

Thanks for your help with this question.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Does Flare have a global setting for the SVN repository

Post by NorthEast »

There's no global setting - the source control path and other information is stored in the individual project *.flprj files.

I use TFS rather than SVN, but my process for changing the server/path for TFS is:

1) Make sure nobody has the project open in Flare.
2) In Visual Studio's source control editor, check out the project flprj file. (Use whatever the equivalent is for SVN.)
3) Edit the flprj file in a text editor, and change the SourceControlDatabaseRoot and SourceControlDatabase (if necessary), so it matches your correct source control location.
4) Check in the flprj file.
5) Open the project in Flare. It'll look for the project in the new (correct) source control location.
stealth94rt
Propeller Head

Re: Does Flare have a global setting for the SVN repository

Post by stealth94rt »

Thank you for that information.