Error importing from Source Control (TFS)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
CJWyckoff
Propeller Head

Error importing from Source Control (TFS)

Post by CJWyckoff »

I have a number of projects set up in source control using TFS that are working just fine. I want to add one, using File/Import Project/Import from Source Control. The files are on TFS and in use by other members of the project. When I try to do the import, I get this error message:
Can't find ProjectName.flprj-C:\FLR\ProjectName-wkingThe process of not succeeding at the import results in a C:\FLR\ProjectName-wking\ folder being set up locally. If I try to import again, the error message says
The folder C:\FLR\ProjectName-wking\ already exists. Pleaser enter another project name or pick another folder.

Looked for the config file mentioned in other posts; it is not present on my C: drive (and yes, hidden files are visible).

I have tried this with the folder mapped in TFS and with it removed from Mapping.

Anyone have an idea on how to get this project loaded?
cjw
CJWyckoff
Propeller Head

Re: Error importing from Source Control (TFS)

Post by CJWyckoff »

One more bit of info on this problem: there is a project with the same name in a different folder, which is already happily set up on TFS mapping and Flare. (For several projects, we have a working version and a publishing version, and merge finished topics from the working version to the publishing version. So the setup I am trying to do is working for other project pairs.)
cjw
CJWyckoff
Propeller Head

Post by CJWyckoff »

Solution -- or at least part of one:

Despite the number of times I deleted the local version of my project, TFS was still showing local mapping and a prj file. When I looked at the prj file, this phrase had the wrong root. It showed:

SourceControlDatabaseRoot="$/Amalga/Documentation/ProjectName">

instead of:
SourceControlDatabaseRoot="$/Amalga/Documentation/ProjectName-wking">

So I changed the text, saved the file, and followed TFS's lead to reload the files. I don't remember the exact steps I had to do, but I finally opened the project from the C:\FLR\ProjectName-wking prj file, and everything looks great.

I don't recommend this method, since you are changing the project file directly, but here it is for what it is worth.
cjw
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Thanks, this info was very useful.

I was having the same problem, with Flare complaining (and crashing) when I tried to import a project from TFS that I had previously imported; despite the fact that the old project was deleted from my drive.