Slow Check-out in Flare 6.1

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
lzampich
Jr. Propeller Head

Slow Check-out in Flare 6.1

Post by lzampich »

Since upgrading to Flare 6.1 (coming from 6.0) I experience slow performance when checking out files from Flare. This is the case for checking out manually or by saving a file which automatically will check out the file (if not checked out yet).
Now this is submitted as a case with MadCap software and they are very responsive and do their best to find out what's going on.
I'm posting this problem here, because it might help if there is any other user experiencing the same and if s/he could supply additional information.
Some detail on my set-up:
Windows 7 (64-bit), TFS 2008, Flare 6.1

It works ok with Flare 6.0 (even if I go back to that version now), checking out manually on the server is quick as well.There'll be a test soon on another machine of a colleague.
The behaviour is also the same with existing (V5) as with newly created (v6.1) projects/topics.

If you see something similar, please add your information to this topic.

Thanks,
Lydia.
lzampich
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Slow Check-out in Flare 6.1

Post by lzampich »

This problem has been solved. It seems to be behaviour outside of Flare causing the slowness. Two colleagues (developers not using Flare) found that they had check-out performance troubles as well. One found out about the following workaround:
With the registry editor open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Proxy and then change value of URL to any dummy website like 'www.abcdummy.com

This fixed the problem for me as well.
The combination I'm using now is VS Team Explorer 2010 (on my machine) and Team Foundation Server 2008 (on the server machine).