Access Violation error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
sawyerjw
Jr. Propeller Head

Access Violation error

Post by sawyerjw »

We are attempting to bind a Flare 5 project into Rational ClearCase v7.0.1.1. The Project Properties dialog finds the project, then churns for a bit and finally crashes with a dialog box, a JPG of which I've attached. Obviously, something in the interface is broken, but I'm not getting any clues from the error message as to where to start looking.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John
FlareError.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Access Violation error

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't believe Flare supports ClearCase for source control. If you want to use ClearCase, I think you have to do the checking in and out from the ClearCase GUI instead of from within Flare. Theoretically, that is. I've never used ClearCase and there might be some trial-and-error in determining what files Flare needs access to when it builds, so I can't absolutely state that this will work. You'll have to contact MadCap Support to ask what to look out for when interacting with a Flare project via ClearCase, but since they don't officially support it they may not be able to answer.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
sawyerjw
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by sawyerjw »

Hi, Lisa,

On the contrary, ClearCase is mentioned specifically in the Flare documentation. The exact steps are given for how to bind a Flare project with CC (or vice-versa). ClearCase is a choice in the "Other" source control providers dropdown. It's able to browse and find the project in ClearCase all by itself.

I'll contact Support.

Thanks,

John
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I stand corrected. I looked around their knowledgebase for a little while looking for the requirements for source control but didn't find anything. I just did a search on clearcase in Flare's help and it did mention it can be used via the API option. So sorry about that.

When support gives you the solution, please post it back here so any other users who stumble across the problem know what to do.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.