Subversion merge tool

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
themel-mirai
Jr. Propeller Head

Subversion merge tool

Post by themel-mirai »

Hi,

I've been playing with Flare 7 and its Subversion integration recently and I can't quite wrap my head around the way the merge tool works. I understand that by default we're using Copy-Modify-Merge here and so I can't expect to have exclusive access to the topic that I'm editing. So, when I try to check in my changes, I might run into the fact that someone else has modified my topic and I now need to merge the changes. When I choose to open the merge tool, I get to see three panes - my local version on the left, something that looks a lot like the base version before I did my local changes on the right, and the supposedly merged version at the bottom.

I would expect the left pane to contain the repository's current HEAD revision with changes relative to the common base highlighted so that I can actually merge my changes and those in the remote document. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how merge is supposed to work? I haven't found a way to get any of the remote changes accepted if I run the merge tool. If I run an automatic merge instead of going into the merge tool the remote changes seem to be picked up correctly.

regards,
Thomas
Paul Griffiths
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Subversion merge tool

Post by Paul Griffiths »

We've been trying this out and can't get merge to merge at all - it just stomps over whatever is in the repository. We've raised a ticket.

Also, the right-click context menu that the Flare Help says should be available, isn't.

EDIT: That last statement may not be due to user error, but we are still seeing issues with Flare's Subversion integration.