Flare 7 Project Spontaneously Unbound from SVN

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
dannh
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare 7 Project Spontaneously Unbound from SVN

Post by dannh »

I managed to get a Flare project bound to Subversion using HTTP protocol. The process seemed to work, despite not having the SVN options I was used to, that is Update and Commit. There is no "Check Out" or "Check In" concept in our SVN implementation, so I don't quite undersand how to translate the Flare terminology to SVN.
Regardless of that, after a few days of seeming to work, I now find that all the source control options are gray, and my project is no longer bound to its SVN repo. Has anyone seen spontaneous unbinding of a project from SVN?
Dan Milton
Senior Technical Writer
Loftware
Portsmouth, NH
lindegard
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 7 Project Spontaneously Unbound from SVN

Post by lindegard »

Oh yes, we've experienced this too. In my opinion, the Flare support for Subversion in v7 is rather unstable and lacks a lot in functionality. This is only one of the symptoms. Sometimes the whole software just crashes or hangs.

Also, you cannot perform a true checkout (update and get lock in Subversion) of a file through Flare (meaning to actually make the file writable and lock it so nobody else can modify it). And thus, there is no way of getting information on whether a file is checked out or not. It's just a symbol for your own use, so you know which files you have edited in Flare. The only real Subversion procedure that Flare truly supports is checking in (committing), but then again, you cannot be sure that your check-in wil work since a colleague might have worked with the very same file.

I think it is close to false marketing that Flare supports Subversion.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 7 Project Spontaneously Unbound from SVN

Post by RamonS »

Please submit bug reports here https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx in case you haven't done already.