Tagging a project in Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
rkiskan
Propeller Head

Tagging a project in Flare

Post by rkiskan »

Amazingly enough I have managed to get Flare 7.01 to work with Subversion and it is flying.

I have a project with about 4000 files, and I can easily check these in as necessary. As things are in Subversion, the files are assigned revision numbers that can have spaces, for example revision 1, 3,4, and then 7, this depending on which files are checked in and at what time. So you can't just say that all files, for example of revision 5 are relevant for a specific product release.

Using a Subversion client like Tortoise I can tag the entire set of checked in files to define a Flare project for a released version of a product. For example, after having worked on a couple of hundred Flare files I can decide that it is good enough for a new release of the v.1.1 product. However, while this can be done in Tortoise I don't see this project level tagging functionality in Flare?

Have I missed something here or is it normal to work in both clients when using Subvrsion ? If this tagging function isn't available in Flare, is there some standard way that I'm not aware of to maintain control between individual file revisions and product release tags?

thanks
Robin