"This working copy is corrupt...Flare 8 and Subversion Error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

"This working copy is corrupt...Flare 8 and Subversion Error

Post by Michael Cohen »

So I got a new PC installed yesterday here at the office along with Flare 8 (upgraded from Flare 7.) My existing projects open fine, generate webhelp perfectly, everything works - EXCEPT:

This particular project was already bound to Subversion source control and had been working perfectly on my old PC. It seemed to be working perfectly on the new PC as well, but when I try to check files into Source Control (I checked the project properties and it is correctly bound to Subversion), I get this message:

Your working copy must be upgraded to continue this operation.
Working copy 'C:\public_html\Flare\Account Management\Account Management Users' Guide\Content\am\education' is too old (format 10, created by Subversion 1.6)

So I press OK, then some files get checked in (I see the green progress bar working), but then I get THIS message:

This working copy is corrupt and cannot be upgraded. Please check out a new working copy.

I have no idea what this means, what is causing the error, how serious the error is, or how to proceed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
CatVancouver
Propeller Head

Re: "This working copy is corrupt...Flare 8 and Subversion Error

Post by CatVancouver »

Flare 8 does not work with Subversion 1.6 at all.
Once you upgrade to 1.7 +, Flare 8 works again but you will probably have to recreate your working copy.
ALSO you must NEVER use anything older than Flare 8 and SVN 1.7 after upgrading because SVN 1.7 does not play nicely with any previous version of itself.
Hope this helps!