Flare 8 locks up when importing from Subversion

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
chuck_aruba
Propeller Head

Flare 8 locks up when importing from Subversion

Post by chuck_aruba »

Moving from Perforce to Subversion, my first attempt to import the project I'm working on from Subversion results in Flare 8 locking up tight. In the Import Project from Source Control Wizard dialog box, Subversion is selected, and I've entered

svn+ssh://[myusername]@[subversionservername.com/data/[morepathname]/trunk/doc

In the Server field. When I click Next, Flare just stops.

Other posters in the forum seem to be using Subversion just fine. I don't see this problem anywhere.

I'm wondering if having the SCC plug-in installed might be the issue, as I was seeing lockups also when using that with Perforce (although those lockups never came coupled with a "Not Responding" message in the title bar like I get in this situation), and one thought is to uninstall the plug-in and see if the issue resolves itself.

Or any other ideas?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 8 locks up when importing from Subversion

Post by Nita Beck »

I use Flare 8 with SVN all the time, both via https and svn+ssh protocols.

In my experience, Flare 8 sometimes takes FOREVER to import from SVN, but it does eventually right itself out, so my advice is to be patience and go do something else for awhile.

On some occasions, when I suspected that Flare really did lock up, I've opened up Windows Explorer to see if all the files got loaded from SVN. If it looks like everything did get loaded, I then use Task Manager to kill Flare. When I then attempt to open the Flare project, Flare will tell me that it needs to build the SVN cache and I say, sure, go ahead. Then it seems to progress as it should.

Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a try...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!