New folder locks

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
WritesitRight
Jr. Propeller Head

New folder locks

Post by WritesitRight »

Using MCF with Subversion. I created a subfolder in Resources/images and moved all the image files that were in that Images to the new subfolder.

It broke all the image links in the topics and when I got that straightened out and try to check in the files, I get one of two messages:

"An item with the same key =has already been added"

Resources/images/current is locked."

This seems to be the biggest issue; I don't know how to "unlock" this folder. I didn't lock it to begin with, and I am the only person working on this project.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: New folder locks

Post by Msquared »

I don't use Subversion - I use Perforce - but I may be able to offer you some pointers (or I may be talking nonsense). Perforce has trouble with renames too, especially if you move a folder, which is just multiple renames.

Did you do the move from within Flare, or directly from the Subversion client? The fact that you say you broke a lot of links makes me think that you possibly did it from within Subversion, as Flare should find the affected links for you and offer to fix them. This should include checking out the affected files.

Are you trying to check in from within Subversion, or from Flare? If you are trying to check in from Flare, it may be worth trying to do the checkin directly from Subversion, as you may get a better idea of what is going wrong.

Alternatively, within Flare, try selecting the folder and then Source Control > Refresh. This will ensure that Flare's view of the files is the same as Subversion's. This often helps with Perforce and Flare.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but are you familiar with the way that Subversion works (I know some tech communicators get the developers' CM system forced on them, and never feel completely comfortable with what is going on)? If not, it may be worth finding someone who is, to see if they can shed some light on the issue. For example, in Perforce, you cannot action a deletion unless the file to be deleted still exists in your workspace. If you have already deleted it in Flare, it won't exist in your workspace! In CM terms, a move is a kind of rename, which itself is a linked deletion and creation. So if you did the move from within Flare, and Subversion is anything like Perforce, you will have to jump through some hoops before you can get the move actioned correctly in Subversion. I avoid moving whole folders unless I really have to because the pain is too great. :-(
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.