Default SVN Log Messages

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
mlaird
Propeller Head

Default SVN Log Messages

Post by mlaird »

Hello there!

I'm beginning to use Flare with SVN, and I was wondering about some of the default log messages. It seems like creating and deleting files doesn't allow you to use a custom log message, as you can do when you edit an existing file. As far as I can tell, the log message that gets sent to SVN is always "Created" or "Deleted." Is there any way to either a) specify custom log messages for specific file adds or deletes, or b) change the default log message that is used throughout the project or throughout Flare? I would rather it say something like "Created using MadCap Flare" or just some additional information beyond what the log messages currently contain.

I tried to find information about this, but I was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Default SVN Log Messages

Post by Nita Beck »

I dislike this as well, and there isn't a way in Flare to change a log message, once saved to the repository. You might be able to use TortoiseSVN to change a log message, provided that the administrator of the SVN server has given you that authority. For example, I cannot change log messages for work I do onsite for one particular client because I don't have that authority. But for the server that I manage myself for my other work, I can do so.

I suggest that you submit a feature request to MadCap to be able to draft the log messages for adds and deletes.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!