Flare 10 and Mercurial?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Christine Sigman
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare 10 and Mercurial?

Post by Christine Sigman »

Hi -- I am a brand-new Flare user wondering if anyone has experience using Flare with Mercurial source control? Someone posted this question 4 years ago, but no one answered.

Thanks,

Christine Sigman
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 10 and Mercurial?

Post by Psider »

I don't have any experience with the tool, but if you're after information about whether it works with Mercurial, maybe this PDF will help?

http://docs.madcapsoftware.com/FlareV10 ... lGuide.pdf
owenf
Propeller Head

Post by owenf »

i don't see why not... i use SVN because that's what one dev group wanted. the other dev group use mercurial... i push output to mercurial for them. since most flare files are text, no dev source control package should have a problem with them. Not sure whether Flare has an integration with Mercurial, but use the two 'independently' of each other and you should be ok. caveat; graphical interfaces eg tortoisesvn and tortoisehg are shell extensions, like flare, and sometimes they don't play together as perfectly as you might expect. if heavy reworking of your project structure is a common activity, you might be better off picking a source control option that is integrated with flare but i can't personally give any pros and cons on this option. otoh you may have strong motivation for mercurial, in which case i would definitely try it and see how you go.
RickD
Propeller Head

Post by RickD »

I use Flare with Mecurial via TortoiseHG with no problems. Main thing to watch for is changing the files name. You need to remember to do this in TortoiseHG, and if you only change the case, it can cause problems as it will show the changed case but Tortoice will then push the old case. You may need to do a rename to get the right case through your source, output, and published content.