SVN Checkout All on Project Open

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
debdebtig
Jr. Propeller Head

SVN Checkout All on Project Open

Post by debdebtig »

I've seen this problem in the past but can't find the answer anymore. We have new team members and every time each of them opens a Flare project that is bound to SVN it checks out all of the files in the project when it does the get latest all. The team member then does an 'undo checkout all'. I know there used to be a way to disable this as it wasn't a problem before, just on new installations. Any ideas?

Thanks,
~Deb :madcap:
:flare: 2022r2 :capture: v7
docudramaqueen
Propeller Head

Re: SVN Checkout All on Project Open

Post by docudramaqueen »

I know you posted this some time ago, and don't know if you've found any resolution. I wish I had an answer for you, but alas, I can only say I've experienced this when we've had source control issues, and had to re-import a project. But there seems to be nothing consistent about the problem. It seems to happen sporadically. Whether correctly or not, we would go ahead and Check In All, and that also seemed to have cleared the list. For a while we were using a third instance of Flare on a separate machine as a build server, and we were continually getting a "ghost" list of Pending Check-ins. Every topic that either writer had checked-in since the last build was being displayed, and the only way to clear the list was to "check" them in. Looking in the Repo-browser showed that the actual check-in time was still displayed, SVN wasn't even registering the "ghost" check-in. Don't know if these items are related, but if that information is of any value to you, there it is.
Henry
debdebtig
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by debdebtig »

Thanks Henry, that seems to be the same as the problem we were having. Never found an answer.
:flare: 2022r2 :capture: v7
JAmerkhanov
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JAmerkhanov »

Looks like no one has commented on this thread in quite some time, but I am having the same problem now. I have been using Flare for only 5 weeks and never had it auto-checkout all files until the end of last week when I attempted to import a topic from one project to the next. Now no matter what project I open, Flare auto-checks out all the files in the project organizer. Very frustrating!